We have a project proposal for a new Leisure Centre to be included in the Neighbourhood Plan. The vision is “To establish and develop a new integrated Multi-purpose Leisure, Sports, Arts and Social facility in The Deepings, with parking and excellent access for the whole community”.
The key features are:
- Project to be funded through SKDC area development fund in recognition of The Deepings as a rapidly growing population.
- The emerging new Local Plan proposes high growth, and a replacement for the current Leisure Centre – which is recognised as no longer adequate to meet demand – is an essential component of that growth.
Consideration will be given to the emerging Local Plan and Neighbourhood Plan policy implications, such as:
- Allocation and availability of a suitable plot of land
- Consultation on possible alternative locations
- Provision of safe walking, cycling and other non-car access
- Relationship with current sports, arts and leisure facilities
- Links with the new Deepings Green Walk.
We welcome your views on these proposals. This has the potential to be a significant new facility and attraction for all the people of the Deepings and the surrounding area.